Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stardust.

There are several shiny slivers of stars all around where I stand. They cut with a sense happiness; self-sufficient and short lived as it is.

“The only way out is to step back into the darkness, the light will come later.” This giant voice explains. Authoritatively It booms directions to relax, my head swirls from the sound in the room. Or just in my head. A dream or, how did I get here? Suddenly I’m sick and want nothing more than to not be wherever it is I am; insanely surrounded by these addictive shards of happiness. Multiplying now and sharper than diamonds, my skin is cut. This fragile flesh, stabbed, cut and sliced; gaping holes dripping sunlight. I cannot help but to look where I have been sliced, hypnotized by the light infecting my eyes, I can’t control my desires. I want nothing but to die here unable to have any other thought as my last. Blood falls as softly as snowflakes, smacking the darkness beneath me with stains of bluish-white lights. This time I can feel him before he starts speaking.

“They're addicting and pleasing aren't they, these lights?" They are pieces of yourself, tossed aside at times when you felt a part of who you really are had died. Bonds broken within you; only, the hope in these pieces never fades. That’s the light inside. Here, they wait to rejoin with the first light of your existence, the light in your heart.” “Step back into the darkness, fall. Leave every thought behind in one leap.”

 I don’t even hesitate and without any knowledge of what is actually around me in this dark besides the pale lights and this voice, I step back and feel nothing. Complete darkness actually looks grey when your falling this fast. I have no fear. And then, like a bomb; ripping through every fiber of my being, my chest explodes light, flashing in the wake of my fall and for a brief moment I wonder if I might be someone’s shooting star. There is no pain although I can feel everything. More brilliant now are the shards of stars, the pieces of me I had lost. They are chasing after me now and closing in quickly. At first chance the light I’m emitting and the parts of me that are catching up connect. There are fizzing sounds, fire is ripping through my veins and I feel whole again. I hear my name...far off. I don’t know where I’m headed but it’s got to be better than where I came from. My eyelids are heavy, but am I falling asleep or waking up? I am afraid of losing myself all over and fear creeps in before, again, I feel their voice.
 Then It says..,  "Do not fear, trust the light you possess."

No comments:

Post a Comment