When we first met it was simple and I trusted you without fail. Modernized pen pals, personal but safely guarded. Buckets of emotion tipped for you. With some common ground we grew. Years past and still, I barely know you. Through personal thick and thin, you were there when I needed, with the right questions answering my thoughts before I'd say a word. Just talking to you made everything better. And you were right you know, when you said, "Our time apart before we really knew each other brought us closer."
It's been a long time since I felt this way; a beautiful cliche and simple is suddenly perfect. That adrenaline rush you get from telling another how you feel. Like I've stolen the stars, saving them for a night with you. The comfort you get in the passenger seat while the one you love is driving, windows down, slightly chilly; a summer night but cool enough to embrace head on. Or a hike through the forest until all else is gone. Just you and me. Taking deep breaths, the scent of an adventure with you smells as sweet as morning dew on soft petals.
With others it was quick and painful. nothing prevailed and I was left wandering, twice. I've taken long walks, where wooden planks are dangerous, but to hold your hand and take a different path would be perfect because now...
I have more to give. Much to share. Time to spend... With you.
No comments:
Post a Comment